Saturday, March 17, 2012

Day Twenty-Two ~ Prayer

Today we are thinking about God.  I don't know about you, but I think about God every day.  Not with questions or concerns about the nature of God or other deep theological questions, but I think about the presence of God in my life every day.  It is a common issue for many people.  It happens every time we pray.

Prayer, what a gift.  The actual ability and opportunity to speak directly with the God of eternity!  Can you imagine?  I confess, in the early days of my Christian journey, I wondered if God could possibly be interested in hearing from me.  It seemed so unreal that the Living God, the Creator of the Universe, the Author of Life, the Alpha and the Omega could be concerned with my small issues and questions. 

As it turns out, God really does care!  Not just about the issues I bring, but every thing that is on your heart today and tomorrow.  Have you spoken with God lately.

For me and my house (our congregation is reading the Book of Joshua right now!), my wife is really the fully committed prayer connection in our home.  She puts me to shame.  But this is not about me, or about my wife...it is about a total journey of the people of God during the season of Lent. 

Lent is a great time to pray!

Chris invited us to pray for a Compassion child named Aailyah who lives in Kenya.  While your prayers are focused on Kenya, I invite you to pray for the Global Hope children's home that is just outside Nairobi and for my friend Bishop Pius Kagwi who oversees the Methodist ministry in the country.  Good people, doing good things, all to the glory of God!

BTW:  Happy St Pat's Day!

No comments: