We have been meeting with groups throughout the church. Mostly in home gathering where gracious families are opening their living rooms to 10-15 of their friends.
So far (we have a couple more to go), we have met with 18 different groups. The gatherings have covered every age group, each part of the community, and about every area of interest you might imagine. It has been wonderful to make connections with so many people.
So what have we learned? Here are some highlights...
- Many folks are exited about being a part of a small group and hope that more groups are created so the congregation can develop strong relationships
- Several have expressed a deep interest in the youth and children of the church. They are excited about what is currently happening and wonder what it would be like to have more children and youth
- Some have been interested in what is happening so we can get on solid financial ground
- Others have expressed a desire to strengthen of facility through the development of more (and larger) classrooms, paving the parking lots, and creating a plan for friends who are disabled
- We heard loud and clear about a desire to have a van that could be used for the XYZ group as well as youth events and Sunday morning transportation
- There was a very strong interest in learning how I saw the future of the church unfolding. I can say it in one word, endless! Only limited by our desire, design, or decision making
- We had a number of folks who were interested in a growing mission ministry within the congregation
- And still others were interested in the worship opportunities that we offer to the community
From the bottom of our hearts, Sue and I give thanks for every host home and for every person who came out to hear our story and to think together about the church. It has been a wonderful blessing. We are delighted to be here!
BTW: Genese and Linda really went the extra mile to make it all come together! Thanks!