Thursday, March 15, 2012

Day Twenty ~ Gratitude

I hope you took a moment to watch the Chris Seay video (at www.chrisseay.net) for today.  He is in Ecuador smiling with a group of joyful kids.  Today is a day of joy!  I hope it is joyful for you.

From a Biblical perspective we find wonderful messages about the nature of joy.  We hear the Apostle Paul in Philippians 4:4 say "Rejoice in the Lord always!"  James reminds us not to boast but to be thankful.  A faithful spirit of thanksgiving will always lead us to and expression of joy.

As so we are people of gratitude.  For me personally, today is a day of gratitude that flows and is expressed dominantly through relationships.  The relationship that believers share together is really the heart of ministry.  I am grateful for relationships!  I met with a group of key leaders last night to discuss some issues in the life of the church.  I am grateful for the faithfulness of those leaders.  I want to express my gratitude through a joyful spirit of prayer on their behalf.

Who will you pray for today?  Who will top your "I am grateful" list?  You might want to start with more fundamental issues like being thankful for life and the gift of breath.  But eventually, I am guessing you too will settle in on a relationship or two and give great thanks for people who make life worth living.

Gratitude ~ it is a gift that offers great blessing to others and then boomerangs back to your own heart.

No comments: