Thursday, April 7, 2011


Thursday April 7                                John 6:41-51

Were you present in worship last Sunday as we gathered to celebrate the Lord’s Supper?  Maybe you were here on the first Sunday of March when Bishop Elaine Stanovsky celebrated Holy Communion with us.  What a great moment that was for the life of our Wilson fellowship of faith!

As you read the passage for today…does it push your memory in the direction of the broken bread and the cup of the new covenant that we share from the altar?  When you hear Jesus say, “I am the bread of life” or “this bread is my flesh which I give for the life of the world” do you remember the grace that is yours when we eat and drink together?

God is so good to us!  God has been good to our church and to so many individuals within the Wilson family.  I am so thankful!  The goodness of God always pushes me to be a better disciple.  Not to work harder but to serve better, to prioritize my time in more godly ways, and to give my very best. 

Here is a spiritual principle:  Together (as in the fullness of the Body of Christ) our best always gets better! Is there an area where we can step up together so our best gets remarkably better for God and the world?

No comments: