Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Day Seven ~ Leap Day

Today is a very special day.  It is a day that only arrives once every four years and then only on a very complicated schedule. It is the culmination of Leap Year!  One more day to praise the Lord!

I pray that you might see your Leap Day experience as a great gift of a very special commodity.  Time!  It is another day to serve, another day to share, another day to be present with one another and with our Lord.  One more day to carry out the Scriptural mandate of loving God and neighbor.  Use it well!

It is also a day when special requests can be made.  Years ago it became a day when women could offer proposals to men.  Then a guy called Lil Abner showed up on the comic page and Sadi Hawkins day was born.  So ladies...

Now, back to our Lenten journey.  I am praying that I will be able to see Jesus in the face of every person today.  I will be with our preschool kids, I will spend time with our staff, and I will see folks in public places.  I will visit the hospital, talk with people on the phone, and endeavor to see Jesus in their eyes and hear Jesus in their voice.

Rich and poor will come my way.  I may not know the difference by outer appearances.  I may find myself making some assumptions based on outer appearance.  I might be wrong.  I might be right.  But my goal is to make no assumption.  Because the assumptions of culture, cash, and custom are just outer images.  The Lord sees the heart.  The inner soul is the important image.

So I invite you to use this unique day to see the people you meet in a unique way.  Set aside the things that create barriers and filters...look deeply...do things differently.  It's Leap Day.  A day the Lord has made!


No comments: