Thursday, December 30, 2010

New Year Plan to Grow

Every year about this time...someone wants to talk about New Year's resolutions. Sorry, I don't want to do that. But here is what I do. I rewrite and update my Spiritual Growth Plan.

Each year, I review my plan, make course corrections, add different components, and jettison the items that are either fulfilled or no longer valid.

It is that time of year, so I am praying it through right now. I am not quite ready to go to press but it is getting close. My 2010 plan was great...not that the plan itself was so wonderful but it produced very significant results for me. It was challenging but worth the effort. (Check my post September 12 to see my 2010 plan...I call it my Personal Rule of Life)

Next week I am going to speak about the process in worship. George Barna (church research guy) finds that less than 20% of active engaged Christians have a plan for growth. They want to grow. They are blessed when they do grow. But their process for encountering growth opportunities is like being blindfolded with the great hope that you will spontaneously bump into something positive. Maybe there is a better way.

Let me invite you to join me on this journey. If you have a plan, is it time to update? If you do not have a plan, would you be interested in taking off the blindfold? Maybe you would be willing to jot down some thoughts, create a map, establish a plan...then we could compare so I can learn from your insights.

I will share mine here before the clock strikes 12 and the Dick Clark team drops the ball! Let's pray together for the best insights that will result in an outstanding plan. Join me!

No comments: