Saturday, December 11, 2010

Leadership Lessons from the Saddle #5


Friends, here is another leadership / life lesson that I learned while riding my bike through the Garden of the Gods in Colorado Springs. Like most lessons, it dawned on me as I was making my way up a small hill while enjoying the beautiful scenery.

Here is the lesson: Get off your butt and ride! Oops, my apology for the typo. It should be get off your but and ride!

Here's what I mean. Have you ever known someone who talked a good game but always had an excuse? They are forever living in the land of "but" or settling for a world that is full of "if only".

They may really want to ride, jump, talk, walk, serve...(you name it)...but it never seems to happen because they have a "but" that stops them in their tracks. We all know people like that. Sometimes, we even are people like that!

Let me invite you to get off your but and ride! Or do whatever it is that you know you need to do but are afraid, hypersensitive, or overly anxious. Like the folks at Nike say...just do it.

So how 'bout it? Are you ready to get off your but? You will be glad you did! Peace.

No comments: