Monday, March 29, 2010

Jesus ~ The Alpha and the Omega



It has been a long time away! Sorry, the Bold New Step effort has captured my attention. Rightly so, this will be our threshold into a future that is shaped my incredible ministry!

Meanwhile, Easter slipped up from nowhere. Actually it always follows Palm Sunday which always follows Ash Wednesday. What goes around....

I have been thinking about eternity. Our men's bible study thinks about eternity from time to time. (that's a pun...get it?) Anyway, we wonder how long is eternity? And how would you describe it to someone if you could? When does it start? And where in the world (or out of this world) does it end?

I try, but my explanations are to human-bound. My only real thought is that eternity is a lot like Jesus. Present before creation, incarnated Son of God, resurrected Lord, King of Kings, the same yesterday today and tomorrow....the Alpha and the Omega, the beginning and the end.

Easter is an Alpha and Omega celebration. It just keeps on giving.

I pray that your Easter celebration has an eternal flavor to it. He is Risen, He is Risen Indeed! Amen.

No comments: