Thursday, May 7, 2009

Travel Day!


Today is a day for travel in our family. In fact, this whole week has been about travel. Sue and Ana started the trek to Colorado Springs on Monday morning. They have been in the area searching high and low for a house that will soon become our new home.

While they have been on the road and in the search...I have been taking care of details here in Wilmore. But today is different, I will be engaged in a doctoral dissertation defense with one of our students from the Philippines and then I will catch a plane for DIA. Our son David will pick me up and we will make our way south on I-25 to connect with the rest of the family.

You all know that buying a "house" is different than purchasing a "home" where a family will take root and find peace. It is quite a process. It is an important process. Some may say "where ever I lay my hat is home" but it may not always work that smoothly. That image is a great way to say I am comfortable with myself and my place in the world. But there is still a great difference between a house and a home.

Home is where you can be who you are with the people you love. Home is where you can sit back, laugh, cry, discover and share your life with a spirit of intimacy that you may never find in any other setting.

With that in mind, we are looking for a home. At the same time we know that there are many people who never find a home. They may have a place to live but they long for a home. Others search daily for a place to sleep or a meal to sustain their life. They too need a home. In fact, wouldn't you agree that all God's children need a home? The world would be a better place is the average house simply became a home.

Peace to you and your day. Safe travel, wherever you are going!

No comments: